4 large free range chicken drumsticks
4 large free range chicken thighs (skin on)
½ cup rice flour
120g pancetta lardons
3 tbs olive oil
2 carrots, diced
1 onion, diced
2 sticks celery, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 bay leaves
4 sprigs thyme
300ml chicken stock
500ml red wine
8 cocktail onions, cut in half
8 garlic cloves, skin removed
4 button mushrooms, sliced 5mm
4 baby carrots, peeled
4 baby turnips, peeled
4 Brussel sprouts
3 tbs grape seed oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
500g Agria potatoes
1 garlic clove, crushed
125ml olive oil
Italian parsley, shallow fried
Chives, finely sliced
Coq au vin
- 1. Render the pancetta lardons in a Gourmet oven dish over a high heat, Induction setting 8, until brown.
Remove pancetta and reserve for plating.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper then lightly dust with rice flour. In a frying pan, sauté the chicken in pancetta oil over
medium high heat, Induction setting 8, until brown (approximately 5-8 minutes).
3. Remove the chicken from the frying pan, reduce the heat to Induction setting 7 add the diced vegetables, and crushed garlic.
Sauté until nicely caramelised (approximately 20-25 minutes).
4. Deglaze the frying pan with wine and port. Cook the alcohol off and reduce by half.
5. Return the chicken to the frying pan, skin side down and add enough chicken stock to partly cover the meat.
6. Add the bay leaves and thyme and bring the stock to a slow simmer, Induction setting 3 for 5 minutes, before removing
from the heat.
7. Select Fan Plus at 180°C. Cover the dish with foil, shiny side down and place on shelf position 2 and Cook for 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes, turn the chicken over to coat in the sauce. Check that it is cooked before removing and leaving to rest.
9. Strain the liquid through a sieve into a saucepan and place on a high heat, Induction setting 7, to reduce.
- 1. Pre-heat Oven on Fan Plus at 200°C.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat, Induction setting 8. Sauté onions, cut side down until they are caramelised.
Remove from the frying pan and set aside.
3. Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and sauté until brown.
4. Toss the remaining vegetables in oil, salt and pepper.
5. Place the vegetables in a Gourmet oven dish and place in the Oven to Roast for 15-20 minutes. After 15 minutes add the
onions and mushrooms and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- 1. Peel and cut potatoes into quarters and place in a Perforated steam tray and Steam at 100°C for 20 minutes.
2. Remove potatoes from Steam Oven and mash or pass through a potato ricer.
3. Heat milk in a pan on medium heat, Induction setting 4. Add garlic and butter to milk and cook until just below boiling.
4. Place mashed potato into a saucepan on low heat, Induction setting 1-2 and warm through.
5. Add hot garlic infused milk, butter and salt flakes. Beat until completely absorbed then add the olive oil and beat again
until completely absorbed.
HINTS AND TIPS
- • Agria potatoes are a firm and floury potato with a deep yellow flesh and can be substituted for Dutch Cream or King Edward potatoes.