750ml chicken stock
½ tsp saffron
6 tbs olive oil
2 onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 chorizo, diced into 2cm pieces
300g Bomba rice
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 ripe tomatoes, diced
4 tbs tomato puree
1 red capsicum, diced
4 x chicken thighs, cut into 2cm
200g prawns, shell on
300g mixed seafood (mussels, pipis,
200g frozen peas
Spring onions, pan fried
1. Pre-heat Oven on Intensive Bake at 200°C.
2. In a large saucepan on medium heat, Induction setting 7, bring the chicken stock to the boil. Add in saffron and reduce heat, Induction setting 4. Allow saffron to infuse for 5-10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in an Induction compatible casserole dish on a medium heat, Induction setting 7. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add in the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the chorizo into the onion mix, cook for a few minutes followed by the rice. Stir for a further 3 to 4 minutes to lightly toast the rice.
5. Add the spices followed by the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and capsicum. Stir well to coat.
6. Add the saffron stock and mix thoroughly. Cover the top of the rice with a sheet of baking paper.
7. Place into Oven on shelf position 2. Cook for 20 minutes.
8. Add the chicken thighs, prawns, seafood and peas. Gently push into the rice.
9. Return paper to the top of the dish and cook for a further 10-12 minutes or until chicken and seafood are cooked.
1. Top with lemon wedges, parsley and spring onions.
Hints and tips
• Bomba is a short-grain Spanish rice that has the ability to absorb 1.5 times the amount liquid. Substitute with