5 medium sized zucchini,
cut in half lengthways
50ml olive oil
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
15 ripe cherry tomato, sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
30g fresh turmeric, grated
1 tbs sherry vinegar, to taste
½ red onion, finely diced
200g fried sourdough, torn into
1 tin drained chickpeas
1/3 cup pitted green olives,
100g almonds, roasted,
½ cup torn mint leaves
½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Heat the Miele griddle plate on medium-high heat, Induction setting 7.
2. Coat the zucchini with olive oil and salt.
3. Once the plate is hot, place zucchini, flesh side down, for around 4 minutes.
Rotate and cook until tender and charred.
4. Whilst the zucchini is grilling, combine hummus, turmeric, lemon juice, zest,
red onion and whisk vigorously. Add the sherry vinegar to taste.
5. Once the zucchinis are cooked, place onto a chopping board and roughly chop
into 3cm pieces.
6. In a mixing bowl, place the tomatoes, grilled zucchinis, half the chickpeas,
fried sourdough, olives, almonds and herbs. Using your hands, toss together
until evenly mixed.
7. On a large platter, spread out the hummus dressing, scatter over the other
half of chickpeas before topping with the grilled zucchini mix.